A+ Colorado believes that an effective public education system exemplifies the following characteristics:
- Student Centered — Our actions and decisions will put the needs and interests of students above all else.
- Transparency — We will act transparently, share information openly, and serve as a truth teller, regardless whose interests the facts might affect.
- High Expectations — We will expect all of Colorado’s students to meet high levels of achievement based on international standards for college and career readiness.
- Accountability — We will hold ourselves and others accountable for the success of our schools and students.
- Awareness & Engagement — We will make education a priority for district communities.
- Choice & Equitable Access — All students deserve high quality school choice.
- Adequate Resources — Sufficient resources must be available and equitably allocated to schools. Those resources should be used efficiently and effectively to guarantee school performance and student achievement.
- Data-Driven Best Practices — We will ensure effective planning, evidence-based best practices, and ongoing evaluation drive our decisions and actions.