Position: Development Manager (Denver, CO)
A+ Colorado seeks a Development Manager to lead the fundraising efforts for the organization. The Development Manager is responsible for developing a diverse and sustainable investor base throughout Colorado, raising approximately $1.5M annually. The Development Manager will report directly to the CEO and will work alongside the Director of Operations and the A+ Colorado team.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow the base of support for A+ Colorado through innovative fundraising strategies. This individual must be highly organized and simultaneously be able to build strong and sustainable relationships or support other A+ team members in cultivating those relationships. This person will interact with board members, donors, community leaders, and other external constituents.
To be successful, s/he must be strategic and able to operationalize plans, committed to maintaining a strong database, consistently learning and growing, compelling and inspiring in communication, big-picture oriented but obsessive about the details, and laser-focused on driving high-quality activity forward, ultimately moving the needle towards the organization’s vision.
- Collaborate with the A+ team to clearly and effectively articulate the vision, mission, and work of A+ in a way that is informative, inspiring, and concise;
- Lead the creation of an annual fundraising plan and continue to monitor progress towards goals;
- Manage the donor pipeline using Moves Management;
- Manage the database ensuring information is up-to-date and accurate;
- Research and help design and execute the strategy for prospective donors;
- Assist the CEO in preparing for and following up on donor meetings and events;
- Work with and support board members as they engage with prospective and current donors;
- Plan and execute donor and community events of various scales;
- Ensure adherence to all grant and funding requirements as well as maintenance of regional fundraising collateral, including but not limited to producing grant proposals, reports, and marketing materials;
- Keep our donors and supporters engaged in our work via monthly newsletters;
- Work in partnership with A+ Board Members in fundraising efforts; and
- Regularly assess and report on progress to goals, identify what is driving and impeding progress, and developing solutions to address gaps and adjust course as necessary.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum 0-3 years relevant work experience.
Experience managing donor relationships in a non-profit setting.
Exceptional relationship builder across diverse constituencies with keen understanding of the beliefs, contexts and motivations of others.
Strong verbal and written communicator: can speak compellingly about our organization, mission, and goals and has a professional presence.
Knowledge of CRM management, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Experience working in the public education system a plus.
About the Organization
The mission of A+ Colorado (A+) is to harness the power of civic leadership to build public will and advocate for the changes necessary to dramatically increase student achievement in public education in Colorado. Our board and community partners include community leaders across the public, nonprofit, university, and business sectors. A+ Colorado is a growing advocacy, policy and research non-profit.
About the Team
A+ is seeking an individual excited about improving outcomes for public school students in Colorado. We are a fast-paced organization that will give you the space to be creative on how to achieve your goals while offering the support of an engaged team. A successful candidate will be someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish a goal, someone who is able to anticipate problems and opportunities without a great deal of supervision, and someone with a strong connection with the mission of the organization. As we are a small but efficient and effective team, this role will also support A+ staff with the execution of other related organizational activities including advocacy campaigns, and events.
Benefits and Salary
This will be a non-exempt, salaried position with matching 401(k) plan after one year, employer sponsored health care coverage, paid holidays, and the opportunity for flexible scheduling.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter describing why you would be a great fit for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.